Friday, February 1, 2013

Boomerang 9 Swap - Pacific Group - Jaba

I'm in a group called the Boomerang Swap.  The group contains 35-37 or so people from all over the U.S., and there are usually some international folks as well.  Each person mails a "Fat Eighth" (F8) of fabric to each of the other people in the group.  Everyone uses the F8s, along with their own accent fabrics, to make a 12-1/2" block for each person, and mails them back.  In the end, everyone ends up with enough blocks to complete a quilt!  :-)  This is the 9th Boomerang Swap.  I've been in all of them ever since the 3rd one.  (I would've been in the others, but I didn't know they existed!  LOL!)

I mailed out all of my F8s yesterday morning, so they should be arriving in everyone's mailboxes soon.

The first F8 arrived in the mail today.  It's belongs to "Jaba", and she lives in Wyoming.  That was a fast trip, going all the way from Wyoming to Georgia in just one day!  She sent a lovely cream-colored fabric that has blue flowers and butterflies sprinkled all over it.  She asked that I use the colors that were in her fabric when making her block, so I decided to go with the pale blue.  I had a green that matched the leaves, but I was afraid it would be too dark and overwhelming for her pretty fabric.

Here's her finished block (sorry about the bad lighting).  The pattern is called "Goshen Star".  I'll post instructions for it soon.  I hope she likes it!  :-)


Here's the gorgeous block she sent me.  I just love it!  It's totally perfect!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment